Welcome

What lies below is not the realm of coherent sane thoughts of a 'Regular Joe' but the random ramblings of an individual with a voracious appetite for books and a chaotic, tangled jungle of grey cells for a brain that, while mostly dormant, is highly imaginative and suffers intermittent bouts of intense activity which result in... well, stuff like this blog. Scroll down at your own risk. You have been warned.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Disclaimer :D (Warning: NOT humorous...)


Very often I seem to end up posting stuff that seems to have some deeper meaning and some resonance with some of the slightly better known threads of thought (the proper term would be schools of thought) which may give you, my faithful, (hopefully) mildly gullible, yet intelligent readers the illusion that I actually have a highly developed intellect and that I have some deeper philosopher within me who assesses everything and after long periods of deep, ponderous thought comes up with those ‘truths’ that I very often tend to post hither and tither. Well, rest assured that nothing could be further from the truth. I am but a pseudo-intellectual young man playing at philosopher while he procrastinates and leafs through some random book ranging from the witty Wodehouse, to heavy stuff (like Freud to name a not-so-recent one) while doing justice to the wide smattering of fiction that comes in between ranging from space operas (read epic sci-fi) to thrillers and courtroom dramas, and yes even though  it stings my ‘manliness’ to admit this, the occasional romantic piece of nonsense a la Sparks, and Cecelia Ahern two*, as long as the story doesn’t have nauseous amounts of purple prose and flowery dialogues, THAT I just cannot stand.


So that’s all I am truly, a guy who reads a lot and ends up thinking a lot with his thoughts often being influenced by recent experiences and books, if not an outright muddle of thoughts projected into my puny skull by means of text or that combination of the audio-visual sensory inputs as is so common these days (and is responsible for the zombification of a majority of the world’s population).


However this does not mean that everything I come up with is a result of paraphrasing other people’s thoughts. I agree that many times my thoughts and ideas may match a lot with someone else’s but many times that just means that I have arrived at a similar conclusion after my own deliberations, however meagre they may be. And I do have the grace to Google any quotations I may come up with, or come across in the vast messy jungle that is my head, so that I can give the proper author credit and I don’t let the possibility of it being my own creation ripen in my mind until and unless even Google can’t trace the quote, which means that either it is from an extremely obscure text/author or that it is indeed an indigenous product of my own thought processes.


Oh, and one more thing. I sometimes end pieces abruptly, like this.










P.S. I love adding foot notes and even postscripts. :P

P.P.S. Another, shorter, disclaimer: my vocabulary isn't as awesome as it seems. I use Google and thesauruses at times.

P.P.P.S. Grin-emoticons in the title never come out the way you think they will (yes, it's supposed to be a grin up there).


 *Intentional pun seeing that I've read exactly two books of each author.

No comments:

Post a Comment