Welcome

What lies below is not the realm of coherent sane thoughts of a 'Regular Joe' but the random ramblings of an individual with a voracious appetite for books and a chaotic, tangled jungle of grey cells for a brain that, while mostly dormant, is highly imaginative and suffers intermittent bouts of intense activity which result in... well, stuff like this blog. Scroll down at your own risk. You have been warned.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Random Rant

Following up on my previous post and a conversation I had this evening.

Writing well, scripting flowing verses or paragraphs upon paragraphs of writing that readers ingest without complaint, not realising just how any the pages/lines went by, all this is an art. An art I practice or attempt to. Sometimes I fail, like my latest poem on the other blog. It came out beautifully in my head but there were a few holes and in patching them up the beauty is lost.

But that is not what this piece is about. When it comes to writing, I can write a fair bit. I can probably impress some people with it if not many, and when I'm 'in the zone', or get my mojo in order, or feel inspired as such I can write very well; I can script pieces of utter bullshit that don't seem so, or pieces out of bullshit that don't display any characteristics of their source of origin in their content, and no where is this more visible than in my 'conversations' with people, girls especially, online. The spontaneous comment-upon-comment chats are fine and perhaps the more honest ones, but the ones sent in WhatsApp messages or to people's Facebook inbox, how honest are they? After all, if I can write 14-20 lines on a chat and keep the conversation going for a bit but struggle when talking face to face to get even two lines beyond the perfunctory 'hi' and 'what's up?' isn't that but an example of how dishonest my writing is and how my writing oft lies to others about my social skills, my intellect, my poetic nature or linguistic skills?

Anyway, rant over. Signing off for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment